There is nothing quite like the serene and wonderful time spent in nature and all of its magnificent beauty. The perfect camping chair is a strong accessory to have on hand during the camping season. However, purchasing a camping chair or two to go with your camping table or folding table, sleeping bags, and other portable camping furniture and camping gear does not have to break your bank.
There are numerous durable and tough camping chairs for any camper, from a beginner camper to a pro. The best part is that you can find a great camping chair for a decent price. However, with so many different types of chairs on the market with different features, it’s difficult to know which style to choose. There is the standard camp chair or director’s chair, the folding chair or folding camping chair, the beach chair, the camp chair with a storage pouch to hold all your essential accessories, the folding camping chair with cup holder, the lightweight chair with an aluminum frame or powder-coated steel frame and polyester fabric and so on… all of which are comfortable, but which will suit your exact needs and budget?
First, we will discuss the awesome designs you want in a camping chair and then we will check out our top five picks for the budget-minded this year!
What to Look for While Shopping for a Camping Chair
The Different Camping Chair Designs
Camping chairs come in various designs for every camper out there. There are so many designs on the market it can be confusing and stressful. So we are going to discuss the basic and reliable styles out there!
- The traditional camping chair design is the most popular and great for camping beginners. It has the basics you need without any unneeded extras if you are looking for a simple chair. They generally have back support, cup holders, and sit high off the ground. The downside is though they fold up, in most cases, they can take up room during storage more than other models.
- Backpacking and portable chairs are great for portability, as the name states. They are lightweight and easy to fold out. The only issue is they usually lay flat on the ground so if you are nimble, you might want to avoid this chair model.
The material determines the durability of your camping chair and should be decided upon by the terrain and the weather you will face on your camping trip.
- Coated rip-stop nylon is the most popular material used for camping chairs. This material creates a reliable and sturdy chair that is also comfortable. Better yet, these chairs are water-resistant.
- Closed cell foam padding is another great choice for a camping chair since they do not absorb water whatsoever.
Top 5 Camping Chairs at an Affordable Price
Let us check out the coolest and most affordable camping chairs on the market!
- This chair has a steel tube frame that is made aircraft grade 7075 aluminum. This frame makes it lightweight but extremely durable. It can hold up to 330 pounds.
- It is also made of 1000D Oxford fabric. This fabric has sponge padding for the headrest and armrests. It also has a breathable mesh back.
- It is designed with relaxation in mind. The back of the chair, as well as the headrest, is designed to conform to the shape of your body for maximum comfort.
- It is super lightweight at only 3.62 pounds. It is easy to fold up for a compact size and fits perfectly in the bag that comes with it.
- This chair has a frame of alloy steel making it very durable and sturdy. It can hold up to 242 pounds.
- It is also made of 1000D Oxford fabric. It also uses a breathable mesh for your back.
- It is designed ergonomically to relieve muscle stress and tension making it extremely comfortable. Ergonomic design is great for your posture and your body.
- It is easy to fold up and carry on your trip.
- This chair frame is made of aircraft grade corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy. It can hold up to 250 pounds.
- It is also made of ripstop The four corners of the chair are reinforced for extra stability. It also has a breathable net back.
- It is designed ergonomically for maximum comfort on your back and muscles.
- It is easy to fold up and has a shock cord structure for a quick set up. It only weighs two pounds.
- This chair frame is made of heavy-duty aluminum alloy. It can hold up to 240 pounds.
- It is also made of a durable Oxford fabric.
- It has feet and handy side pockets to hold drinks and your cell phone, among other items.
- It is made specifically to have a minimal impact on the environment.
- It is easy to fold up and fits perfectly into the small bag that is included. It only weighs in at 2.2 pounds. It only takes seconds to set up.
- This chair is made of high strength aluminum with shock cord core for a quick and fast chair set up the process. It can hold up to 300 pounds.
- It is also made of a woven Oxford fabric that makes it strong and durable. It has a breathable net back.
- It has a convenient pocket that hangs off the bottom to hold your cell phone and other items.
- It is foldable and weighs two pounds.
- This chair is constructed of high-quality steel. It can hold up to 250 pounds.
- It is also made of a lightweight nylon fabric. It has a stitched foil lining for insulation to keep your drinks at their coldest.
- It is multi-purpose. It is a backpack, a camping chair with a back support, and a cooler for drinks and food.
- It is easy to carry and folds up to a compact size.
You do not have to spend a small fortune for a decent and high-quality camping chair anymore. For years we have been led to believe that the higher the price, the better the chair despite these chairs having numerous features that are not needed for a great camping trip. There are so many fantastic and affordable camping chairs (and even stools!) for the budget-minded.
Get shopping now so when summer hits, you can kick your feet up and drink a cold one while you enjoy the amazing nature before you!